Meets Tuesdays, 6:15 - 8:00 pm
Awana is our exciting and fun midweek club for children 3 years old thru 6th grade.
Club begins at 6:15 with a flag ceremony. From there the clubbers rotate through three different activities under the supervision of dedicated and caring leaders:
Game Time: High energy games are enjoyed by all on our unique Awana Game Square.
Handbook Time: Clubbers work through age-appropriate handbooks, memorizing Bible verses and doing activities ranging from patriotism to community service. They earn awards based on their work.
Council Time: This is where awards are presented and lessons are taught based on Christian principles.
Awana is divided into the following clubs by age:
Cubbies: Preschoolers 3 - 5 years old
Sparks: Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
Truth & Training (T&T): 3rd - 6th Grade
The club includes a number of fun theme nights and activities. Here’s a sampling of things clubbers have enjoyed in the past or that we’re looking forward to in the next year:
- Showing their colors at Team Spirit Night
- Battling the monsters; Army of the Lord Night
- Walking into a club night entirely backwards
- Touring the area with the Sparky Hike
- Camping out at the T&T Campout
- Caring for others at International Night
- Decorating their heads with vibrant hair and crazy hats for Crazy Hat Night
- Going Out of This World (well, not literally ☺)
- Exploring the many uses of duct tape
- Showing their creative sides with the Awana Grand Prix
- Honoring their leaders with wet sponges
- Soaking in their accomplishments at the Awana Awards Night
And many more! We hope you’ll join us!